Thirteen is a happy number according to mathematicians. I am not a mathematician and for all those who are, click here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_number
I’m more interested in how one little number has such a big impact.
All about 13
• Triskaidekaphobia is a fear of the number 13
• The moon moves 13 degrees around the earth each day
• Apollo 13 is that film with Tom Hanks about the moon mission that almost ended in disaster but was saved by some sticky tape and an old sock
• I spent a large part of my 13th birthday on a bus after trying and failing to get into a “14” rating film. These days, girls’ teenage birthdays often include a trip in a stretch Limo rather than a ride to the terminus on a number 87
• The American flag has 13 stripes representing the first 13 colonies
• If you’re Jewish, 13 is the official coming of age celebration and time for a Bar Mitzvah
• A Hindu Vedic marriage ceremony has 13 steps
• At the Last Supper there were 13 people – Jesus and his disciples
Unlucky for some
• Princess Diana died when the Mercedes in which she was a passenger hit the 13th pillar of the Place de l’Alma, Paris
• There are 13 knots in a hangman’s noose
• A guillotine blade always fell 13 feet
Not being a fan of numbers, I intend to make 2013 a good year. Hopefully noose and guillotine free.